Friday, January 2, 2009

Making Time

I feel as if I've squandered my holiday time off from work. I haven't gotten any more of Chapter 4 written, but I have watched the extended versions of all three Lord of the Rings movies, Funny Face with Fred Astaire and Audrey Hepburn, partied with friends who aren't often in town, and played countless rounds of Wordjong and Scramble. I haven't read a thing in ages or done a speck of research in weeks!

Tomorrow night I have plans, and I'll likely spend Saturday and Sunday putting my living room back in order and installing some book shelves. I'm going to try not to get too involved in the much-anticipated and enjoyable task of organizing my book collection because I'll have to make some time to write. I have another pact deadline on Sunday. Additionally, I need to post the Google Notebook for Chapter 3 and finish some Google Earth and Streetview research that I'm hoping will make the writing of Chapter 4 go much smoother. I'm not even going to think about 5 and 6 yet!

I reorganized the electronic filing system for early drafts and working documents and reformatted my USB drives accordingly, so that is good progress. I'm also attending a Linux User's Group meeting in a couple of weeks and am excited about a presentation on how to run a sync command that will overwrite the latest version of a file between my USB and hard drive. I've found Google Docs to be helpful, but not the best option for me as I often find myself working offline.

And I wrote another poem today. Two whole pieces in one month. I'm quite encouraged by that.

No comments: