Monday, August 25, 2008

Character Playlists

Not making much headway on my notecards/outline. I just can't seem to get motivated today. But I did order two new research titles. Remote Viewing: The Science and Theory of Nonphysical Perception by Courtney Brown and The First Five Pages: A Writer's Guide to Staying Out of the Rejection Pile by Noah Lukeman. It's not a how to write book, it's a how to present your work to a qualified agent book, written by a former agent. I look forward to perusing them at my earliest convenience.

But for tonight, instead of continuing to flog myself into completing the outline, I'm doing a character exercise, making playlists of songs on my characters iPods. It's a very Stephenie Meyer thing to do. I intend to listen to these playlists when I'm stuck in a David or Claire chapter and need a boost. Well, actually, I'm fairly certain David wouldn't listen to the sort of music that I'm putting in his playlist. But I'm going to perhaps put songs on there that describe what he is feeling since he lacks the ability to describe his emotions for himself. I have no idea what MarLo listens to because her taste in music and mine are completely opposite.

No comments: